CR1 Visa

The CR1 Visa, also called IR1 spousal visa, is an immigrant visa issued to an alien who is married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and wishes to live in the U.S. with their spouse. 


The CR in CR1 stands for “Conditional Resident.” That is because this visa is only provided to couples who are married for less than 2 years. Similarly, the IR1 visa is granted to couples who have been married for more than 2 years.


Cr1 Visa can only be initiated by your U.S. petitioner. Thus, it is essential that the petitioner:


– Is a U.S. citizen or in possession of a green card.

– Must be legally married to the person this process is initiated for.

– Must meet the visa income requirements.


If you or someone you know wishes to apply for a CR1 Visa, reach out to an experienced Immigration lawyer to find out more.